by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff
In any form of learning, travelers require a structure. If you wish to live an original life and fulfill your own, individual destiny, follow these principles.
- Strive to lead a balanced life and avoid excess.
- Enter into the mainstream of your community.
- Strive to become an ‘ordinary’ citizen within the society you find yourself.
- Seek to help others.
- Say the prayer of submission each morning and evening. Prayer is intended as a joy not a burden.
- Follow the religion of your birth and fully embrace it. This is a starting point for more advanced spiritual study. If you are not able to follow the religion of your birth then say the prayer of submission or seek another Path.
- Abstain from mind altering drugs and stimulants. Rarely use alcohol.
- Follow your heart wherever it may lead you. You have a Life Plan and must learn to follow it. You do this by listening to your heart.
- Spiritual learning is part of life. It is intended as a center from which to come forward. Lead a complete life. Use all of your abilities.
- Avoid people who are obsessed. Be someone who is not “weird” and is normal. Try to be someone whom you would trust.
- Remember to trust yourself. You have everything you need inside of you; you have been given enough for the journey. Listen to your higher self -it knows your Life Plan.
- Make your way to the teacher.
- Remember, travelers are different and there are many paths. Find your own path; embrace and follow it.
Your Original Life Plan
An original life is a life that is lived in accord with the Higher Design, and your own individual Life Plan. Following your Life Plan, implies the traveler works to use their many abilities in the world and has reached a level of personal maturity.
A Life Plan is an inner ‘blueprint’ for the course of your life and includes those things you wish to accomplish; and identifies factors necessary for accomplishing goals. To enact your Life Plan you bring with you the skills, talents and temperament necessary to accomplish what you have come here to accomplish. Aspects of your Life Plan remain hidden until they emerge, and are enacted; this hidden dimension is the province of the Unseen Forces.
Your Life Plan does not require that you do something dramatic. It requires that you do something purposeful and become someone who is useful. The servant seeks to serve and be of use. Fulfill your potential by traveling to all the parts of yourself; remembering daily that you are the son or daughter of a King. Seek to make your life a song and prayer to the Highest; both in yourself and the universe.
Many make religion too complicated a thing.
Religion should be natural; a joy
And as refreshing as a clear, cool drink of water.
While shopping, have you ever considered how many brands and varieties of water are available? There is natural, cold spring, hot spring and countless sport drinks with carbonated waters.
Also at meals, have you ever noticed how rarely water is the beverage of choice.
In some restaurants you have to ask for water before they will even serve it. It is not uncommon for some children to go days without a plain, glass of water.
It is the same with mankind’s religion. For most, the spiritual water must be sweetened before they will drink it.
About the author:
Dr. Stewart Bitkoff grew up in New York City and spent most of his professional career living and working in the New York City area. An expert in therapeutic recreation and psychiatric rehabilitation and treatment, Dr. Bitkoff has been on the faculty or served as field instructor for multiple colleges and universities. He has written work centering on the topic of the completed person and the original human development system. For years Dr. Bitkoff studied in two modern mystical schools. Professionally he worked to help the mentally ill integrate their altered states of consciousness into the physical world; recently he worked with children and their families as a behavioral consultant. His new book is The World of Pond Stories. To purchase your copy go to Amazon: www.bit.ly/bitkoffpond (Paperback $13.99 | Kindle $5.95). Stewart Bitkoff’s Online Store: www.StewartBitkoff.com/books